Oh man, you guys, we usually don’t do leaks by anonymous tipsters but this was just too good to pass up. Rayman is gonna be in the upcoming Sonic Runners! This tipster gave us this piece of promotional art in which Rayman is shown running alongside Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. What made this leak especially convincing is that just like Sonic, Rayman consists of a re-used model from previous games with black lines around the edges.
It makes sense as well. Just like Sonic will have, Rayman has had a couple of “endless runner” games that aren’t really endless but actually have stages. These games, Rayman Jungle Run and Fiesta Run, were pretty darn good. So hopefully they’re an indication of how good Sonic Runners will be. And who knows, maybe we’ll see additional guest characters from other mobile games as well, like maybe Mega Man!
Sonic Retro stuff
- Fans want that Sonic 3 remaster by Taxman and Stealth so bad that they’re doing a campaign thing to get SEGA’s attention. [Here’s Stealth’s post about it]
- flamewing has made some pretty big additions to his Big’s Fishing Derby hack. [It’s a hack in which you play as Big the Cat so you should probably play it]
- Morph released a new update to SA Tools. (A thing that lets you mess with Sonic Adventure DX.) [Lots of new SADXLVL2 stuff]
- Sonic Advance is gonna be released for the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan. [It’s the real Sonic 4 to us]
- Unsurprisingly, the Sonic Boom games didn’t sell well. [Turns out that when a game is bad people don’t want it]
- First 4 Figures is releasing an awesome looking diorama of Sonic on the tornado. [If only I could afford it]
- Archie has released a preview of the next Sonic comic issue. [Now with more wrestling]
- Ken Penders. [Ken Penders]
- Marvel got Sony to stop keeping them from putting Spidey into the cool kids club. [Now the Fantastic Four just needs to join so that we can finally see Bag-Man on the big screen]
- A bunch of people who used to work at Rare have started a new studio and are working on a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. [And yes, they got Grant Kirkhope and David Wise doing music stuff]
Video of the week