Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, everybody. Oh, and Columbus did some shit, too. Why links in the evening this week? Because I said so.
Sonic Retro News
- Our Sonic 4 thread is back. Rule 1: don’t be retarded. Rule 2: see “Rule 1.” [Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion]
- If you haven’t seen the “Reverse Frequency” hacks, you should. Some of the music in reverse frequency is hilarious. [Random Hack/Mini-Project Thread]
- Retro Channel is back up after being down for maintenance. There is something cool coming in on the horizon. [Retro Channel Thread]
- Resident genius MarkeyJester made a new boss concept with the Green Hill Zone boss. A must see! [Random Hack/Mini-Project Thread]
- Sonic 4 is out for Wii today. Other console versions coming out tomorrow and Wednesday. [SEGA Blogs]
- Reviews have been nothing but glowing for Sonic 4. [Metacritic]
- Yes, I linked to Metacritic. That’s because SEGA thinks that it’s important. Shitty Sonic games (aka “most of them”), according to Metacritic scores, will be disappearing from retail in order to make room for good ones (aka “werehog deficient”). [The Sonic Stadium]
- In a hilarious turn of events, Yuji Naka re-tweeted a fan’s post, which said that “Sonic Fan Remix” was “256 times better than Sonic 4.” This, after a week of interviewing about launching a Dreamcast 2 and praising Sonic Team. [Twitter]
- A list of the worst beers in the world. [ratebeer]
- The worst instances of self-promotion. [Huffington Post]
- All of humanity owes thanks to the dinosaurs. [Buzzfeed]
Uh-oh! Mom’s on Facebook! Courtesy of Saturday Night Live.