Because only the American release date of a console matters, people decided that today is the 14th anniversary of the Dreamcast. And to celebrate this on Sonic Retro is me: the one staff member that didn’t even know about the Dreamcast until it was already dead! Or you can just take a look at the things SEGAbits is doing, that might also be a viable option. Also we might stream something later today.
- Phantasy Star Nova was announced at a Japanese Sony press conference today for the Playstation Vita and is being developed by tri-Ace (known for Star Ocean and Resonance of Fate) [SEGAbits]
- Another likely Japan-only game, Yakuza Ishin is coming to the PS3 and PS4 [Youtube]
- A new trailer of Hero Bank was released [Also Japan-only]
- SEGA has some new hardware named Nu, and the first game to use it is Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone [Siliconera]
- The Creative Assembly got Extra Credits to do a video series about Roman history for Total War: Rome II [Youtube]
- The Castle of Illusion remake was released on XBLA, PSN and [Steam]
Way back at last year’s E3, Sega has been testing the waters for releasing games based on the ever popular vocaloid from Japan, Hatsune Miku. At the showfloor they were demoing a quickly put together English build of the Playstation Vita version of Hatsune Miku – Project Diva – f for the press as well as releasing Miku Flick for iOS for English speakers to garner some support. Turns out that once again they’re now asking for more support, this time from the general public on their facebook page. If successful, Sega will seek to release the Playstation 3 version of Hatsune Miku – Project Diva – F instead of the Playstation Vita, possibly due to struggling sales of the handheld. (Also see if you can spot the difference in the name of both versions of the game.) If you, and your friends, want to show your support, be sure to hit up their facebook page to throw your ‘Likes’ and ‘Comments’ their way.
It may not be much longer now, considering that Miku was also one of the top requested characters for DLC characters for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, several tours have been made in the US and otherwise to raise awareness and…oh my.
Their next tour is on March 11th in Austin, Texas. That’s pretty close to home. I wouldn’t be creepy if I went to go check it out for myself would it?
UPDATE: Turns out it’s just their presence at the South By Southwest Convention happening in Austin, and the 11th is their specialized panel demonstrating the tech behind the vocaloid software. Thanks to Shadix for pointing that out. Anybody got $1350 to spare for a ticket?
[Source: Sega on facebook]