Shenmue 3 still isn’t a thing, but the Yogscast may have revealed S0L’s surprise a little early. During their recent stream around 40 minutes in they had a character select screen that looked larger than normal, and of all the faces to be on there besides Simon was none other than Ryo Hazuki as seen here, and went so far as to have him in a race.
He isn’t steering a forklift but he’s riding an arcade cabinet playing OutRun instead. I assume it’ll transform into
a WaveRunner cabinet on water and an After Burner II cabinet in the air. No dates have been revealed or any other details, but Sega fans can rest assured that their demands for more Ryo and more SEGA stars are indeed being met.
UPDATE: Or maybe the hovercraft mode is Ryo riding a Hang On cabinet to keep in theme with the works of Yu Suzuki.
Okay, even I wasn’t sure of what would happen on the release of Aliens: Colonial Marines when I wrote my initial preview of the game. If you’re a PC user, you could look over some fixes and patches a dedicated community is looking into. A real unfortunate turn out for a game that’s been in development for over six years. Either way, it’s a
Monday Tuesday which we put off for a week, but word is still mum in the world of video games, which will change shortly. Until then, here are a few things that are worth your attention.
- User reassembler has ported Yu Suzuki’s classic arcade title Outrun to C++ under the name… [Cannonball]
- User Hezman introduces a new camera system in Sonic Classic 2. [Youtube]
- Nicalis has picked up The 90’s Arcade Racer to publish on Wii U. [Computer & Video Games]
- GeneHF mixes a Transformed/Sonic R mash-up of Back in Time. [Jammin’]
- David also continues to take you Back in Time…or forward in time to Mobius 25 Years Later with part 16! [Ken Penders]
Colonial Marines & SEGA News
- A user on Reddit claims to be a tester for the game and gives a lowdown on some of the shadier things to happen during the game’s development. Though at this time, take it with a grain of salt. [VG247]
- Colonial Marines pays homage to a popular Sega franchise [Youtube]
- We did tell you the PC version of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is out now, right? [Steam]
- Well there are a few things broke with it, and Steve Lycett needs your help testing the new fixes. [Steam]
- Also the Outrun Bay track with Metal Sonic will be available for PC users tomorrow for purchase […oh yeah, Steam]
- We also told you that the 3DS version of Transformed is out too? [SEGA Blog]
- SEGA of Japan produces a line of laptops featuring designs based on their console hardware [Joystiq]