Right, after Gene stole the glory of doing the last ever Monday Links, it’s time for me to start this Retro Digest thing.
So basically Retro Digest will be replacing Monday Links, the supposed-to-be-weekly summary of what’s been happening around the Sonic scene. Except it was almost never actually weekly and it often wasn’t done on Mondays either. So to stop people from making any more snarky responses pointing this out we’re renaming it to Retro Digest. This is our first step in removing all snarkiness on the internet, wish us luck!
Anyway, 2016 is already off to a pretty decent start when it comes to Sonic stuff, with the community doing cool stuff and Sega teasing the fanbase. So here’s a look at the neat stuff that’s been happening
- Today’s your last chance to submit something for RAGE, the deadline is 11:59pm CST later today. There’ll also be a live stream showcasing all of the entries tomorrow at 8:30pm. [Submit your quality(?) Sonic Boom fangames!]
- Scarred Sun wrote a bit about Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in the latest Retro Gamer. [Also Retro Gamer’s a pretty great magazine that you should read anyway]
- Amazing username creator SupperTails66 has made an impressive level editor for the underrated Tails Adventures called Tales. [Be sure to take a look at it here]
- S0LV0 is busy updating the Unleashed Project mod for Sonic Generations to add all of the extra unlockable and DLC acts. She uploaded a couple of videos showcasing two of the Windmill Isle DLC acts in Generations. [Act 1-2] [Act 2-2]
- Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know about how much more lax the Sonic social media accounts have become. What you might not have noticed is that RubyEclipse likes to make mini blog posts within the tags of the Tumblr posts, and has hinted at that there’ll be something some of us might like next month. [You can take a look at those here]
- All Sonic games on Steam are on sale right now, with Sonic Lost World being 66% off and every other game including Sonic Generations and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed being 75% off. [For in case you missed every other Sonic sale on Steam]
- Sega has announced the SEGA 3D Classics Collection for Nintendo 3DS, which includes 3D Sonic the Hedgehog. It’ll be released in North America on April 26th. [No news for Europe yet though]
- The iOS version of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 has gotten an update that lets you play the game on newer iOS versions. [For in case you wanted to play the classic with touch controls]