Oh, hey, I’m not working all day Monday and there’s actual news. Monday links? Monday links.
- Pictured at right is the Retro UK crew with Iizuka. “Ah, Sonic Retro,” he said. See, when I got to meet him at Sonic Boom, he looked like a man who had no idea what he was doing. Oh, wait.
- In case you missed it: SEGA wasn’t smart again and left a lot of assets in the Generations demo (in easy reach to boot). Here’s what Retro members uncovered. Massive spoilers ahead. Ah, Sonic Retro! [Morning Hacking Round-Up]
- In the forums, we are discussing the technical oddities and strange design choices found in the Generations demo. It’s great thread that takes an interesting look at what Generations is thus far. [Generations Technical Oddities Thread]
- Get all your Sonic Generations resources right here! [Generations Resources Thread]
- It’s Sonic’s 20th anniversary, so take the 30-day hacking challenge! [30-Day Challenge Thread]
- It is the “retrospective” edition of the links, so let’s get the ball rolling. Nintendo Life shares their memories. [Nintendo Life]
- PCWorld, you’re next. [PCWorld]
- PopWatch debates whether Sonic is cool due to nostalgia or if he’s legitimately still cool. I think the legit coolness died with the mountain of handkerchiefs. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Annual Sonic funeral news post from a newspaper outlet. [Sydney Morning Herald]
- Tributes from the mainstream media are always lame, therefore funny. [CBS]
- A “by the numbers” look at the 20th anniversary. [The Guardian]
- Big surprise: SEGA has high hopes for Generations. [Nexus404]
- Barry the Nomad over-thinks Sonic for his 20th. [SEGAbits]
- AAUK’s wrap-up of Summer of Sonic 2011 is something you shouldn’t not read. [Sonic Wrecks]
- Animals are such dicks. [Animals Being Dicks]
- Tumblr blogs just get better and better. [People I Wouldn’t Fuck]
- RIFLE UMBRELLA. [Gadget.brando]
Titties and carrot cake. ‘Nuff said.