Game News

Rumor: Sonic Generations Rolling Onto the 3DS?

According to GoNintendo, who have acquired the upcoming release lists from GameStop, Sonic Generations will be coming to the 3DS.  There’s really not much else to this story, aside from showing you where it’s listed, so here:

Still no word if it’ll hit the Wii, but as Gene mentioned earlier in the week, there might be an entirely new Sonic game for Nintendo’s console.

[via 3DS Focus]

Isn’t this the same website that leaked news about “Sonic Gauntlet: Enter Lord Robotnik?” -_-

I think so. However, the source of the news comes from SSMB’s Hero of Legend, who asked for the list from his GameStop. I love how most news sources don’t cite him at all. At least GoNintendo did!

hahaha, very funny. nice try though.

I’m not joking, you imbecile. Check the GoNintendo article, hell, check the front page of the SSMB. It’s fucking true.

I think he was talking about the Sonic Gauntlet name, thinking it was a joke…

I wonder if it’s fake.

^ I don’t think so, that was from some random german game retailer website. 🙂

But since this game has a real SKU number, and Sega has confirmed Sonic to be on the 3DS in both Nintendo Power (a couple issues back), and in an E3 2010 release document from Nintendo….I think this is real, and not a goof-up on GameStop’s part!

I have a hunch this is fake. Why would a company just let out its release schedule? Does not compute!

Nintendo regulary releases it’s release scedule. The release schedule part is the most plausible.

I stand corrected. Even then, I think it’s fishy…

that list is totally full of shit. I mean c’mon, why the heck do the Sonic games have to be all the way at the bottom of the list? and why 12/31??? that’s ridiculous! Can you name ANY game that was released on 12/31?! I know I can’t! Besides, holiday 2011?! Are you kidding me?! I sn’t it supposed to be released BEFORE the holiday so that everyone can have time to buy?! I’m sure I don’t want to spend new year’s eve waiting at Gamestop’s front door in the middle of the cold just to get a game! You have to have a brain the size of a peanut to beleive any of this horseshit. Real talk.

How about thinking things through a little before posting another tirade? “Real talk.”
      The date on that list is nothing new from GameStop’s usual practice of getting a game in the system for pre-orders when an official date hasn’t been confirmed. It’s a place holder date that is changed when an actual date is announced. Companies like Amazon do this too.
      On top of that, whenever Sega breaks out a game for release in November, they usually announce it as “Holiday 20XX”.

An aside, I like that Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS is spelled “ORARINA.”

-facepalm-

i hope this means it’ll hit the Wii, i don’t wanna miss that game for the lack of consoles!

I do too but we still don’t know if generations will be downloadable or retail. If it’s retail then I’d suggest getting the console downloadable versions. If not then wait till you get a 3rd and get it then. It’s not leaveing the store anytime soon and the controls on 3rd in theory are perfect for a sonic game. Plus it’s 3d. Added bonus.

Consider investing in an Xbox 360, then? You’ll also be able to enjoy the real version of Unleashed, too.

they would have to start the game from ground up to make a wii version…..so probably not.

Dont you mean, sliding onto 3DS?

Tee Hee.

They’re trying to put emphasis on Classic Sonic, dude…

Fake and ***. The release date is june 23.

C’mon guys, we all know it’s Sonic 4 Ep 2. Unless I see an ad like this, nothing convinces me.

If this ends up being a Colors DS I’ll rage badly. Seriously, I’m sure the 3DS can handle a nerfed Unleashed with the SAME GAMEPLAY as its console counterparts, despite being in less quality. But if all this console porting screws over SEGA, I’m going to be very, very mad…

Hello GameStop … yes I would like to preorder Battletoads for the Wii …

Actually went to my local gamestop to try and preorder Generations for 3DS… guess what? That list is a hoax. Generations is not comming to 3DS.

Except, the list is real. Various unannounced games on the list has now been announced this very week.

Also, each Wednesday game stores gets a new list, they probably took it off due to the leak. I’ve worked at a game store myself, it works like that.

Click on a tab to select how you'd like to leave your comment