Miscellaneous

Retro Shopping Network: HUGE LOT OF WOW!~

This auction started and ended over this past weekend and I was pretty tempted to actually bid on these just so that I could say, “I own a shit-ton of broken Genesis consoles.  What of it?”  Then, I’d make a giant suit out of them and show up at a party.  I didn’t have much forethought about what to do after that point, so I didn’t buy them and just bought a case of Bud instead.

Usually with these “Shopping Network” posts, items are featured because of their picture or stupid headline.  The latter is the case here.  Look at this seller, teeming with enthusiasm, over these broken, archaic devices.  “WOW!!!”

Given the price, would you splurge on a bunch of broken retro consoles?  What would you do with them?  (Past the jump, 36 broken Genesis 2 systems.)

WOW!!!

I’d probably like this. Just so we can do some “testing”.
    Or be hurtful to those childhood memories of yours…MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *somebody shoot me before I bid on these*

Also, it really depends how “broken” they really are.

Indeed. As people below me have said, some can repair them.

I suppose you could get all of the good parts together and build some working SEGA Genesis consoles. Then build a PC inside of a left-over Genesis case.

Amazing. Somebody actually spend 61 bucks on 36 hunks of plastic.

Looks like my collection of broken Dreamcasts has been beaten into insignificance.

Gut em, build cheap Genesis knock offs with one of those cheap Genesis knock offs then re sell them.

Test em all to see if one works. xD

Build a blast processing robot statue.

If it was a tad cheaper and I’d have a chance of winning I’d consider it a bit but then again I’d have no place to store it.
    Though it might suffice for repair parts for authentic genesis gameplay forever.

Though you know, I like the suit idea. xD

One of my friends bought such a lot once, most were broken aswell, he fixed almost all of them up. If one has the knowledge, this could be a easy way to make some buckos. Just fix em up and sell em again.

I would have made the tallest Sega System hat! I would also add a 32x game genie and bubsy!

I regularly buy lots of Master Systems and Dreamcasts, because I know what’s wrong with them. Nine times out of Ten, I get them working. Then I sell them for CASHMONEY.

i looked at the other non working things…and i feel like he just broke them in order to say -WOW!!

i think i would make a computer out of one of them..or maybe i should make all of them a computer and then connect them together for a giant super computer? =D

It’s not a waste of money if you’re an engineer.

Where’s all the broken 32Xs to go with all the broken Genesis systems? We all know there’s plenty of them. Just this past Christmas I bought my brother all this old retro Sega stuff, including a 32X, which apparently broke during shipping. Guy shipped me a working one promptly =P

WOW!!!

I’ve bought plenty of broken consoles, repaired, case modded and sold for profit. There’s nothing that interesting about that ebay auction…at all really. I imagine more than a few of those Genesis need very very simple fixes. Hell some of them will probably fire right up after a simple cleaning. It’s amazing how quick some people are to call something broke.

depending on the problem, I can fix it!usually the problem is the power supply or the power button!
    in fact, the genesis of the hardware is very sturdy, and relatively simple to be fixed!
    I still own my genesis in original box =)

=> https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_47ZwOTzcUfI/TDeBQ5n56kI/AAAAAAAAAOw/Y-O5_41lbuo/s640/09072010063.jpg

I adapted it to also accept the RCA video cable nokia n95, since the original cable no longer existed! =)