Fan Works, Game News, Hacking, Site News

Monday Links: More Characters in Sonic 1 Edition

Sonic Retro News

• After beating Casino Street Act 2, LevelSelect takes on Mad Gear Zone Act 1 with only the jump button. [YouTube]
  • E-122-Psi brings you a new Sonic 1 hack that allows you to play as Mighty the Armadillo. [Mighty in Sonic 1]
  • Wait, there are more character-centric Sonic 1 hacks?  FeliciaVal lets Shadow the Angsthog in on the action. [Shadow in Sonic 1]
  • The Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor was released this past week, but there’s also a new level editor out, too. [S2LVL]

Sonic/SEGA News

• 16 SEGA games on the App Store are up to 80% off today for Valentine’s Day. [SEGA Blogs]
  • Sonic #225 will be out this June, marking the character’s 20th anniversary.  [Pop Culture Zoo]
  • Why, why, why, why, why?  Sonic 2006 is back on the PS3 with trophy support. [Push Square] (Correction: It’s just Sonic 1 again, according to RubyEclipse.)
  • SEGA came in 9th in the 2010 Metacritic Publisher rankings.  I forgot SEGA published Iron Man 2: The Game.  Nasty. [SEGABits]
  • Our friends at UK:R want to spice up the gaming industry with more original titles.  My vote is for “Lesbian Detectives On Mars.” [UK:R]

Other Stuff

• Today is Valentine’s Day/Singles Awareness Day, so here’s some tips on how to get the ladies for those in the latter category. [Ask Men]
  • The Game Controller Family Tree. [Axess]
  • A classic Internet image for V-Day: the relationship switches. [The Meaning of Life]
  • This shit is bizarre. [Man in the Dark]

Monday Video

I guess it’s really a “Monday Song,” but every Valentine’s Day, I always listen to Outkast’s “The Love Below” (probably because there’s a song called “Happy Valentine’s Day” on it).  Have some “Love Hater” (omg jazz on a hip-hop album):

“Why, why, why, why, why? Sonic 2006 is back on the PS3 with trophy support.”

Wasnt this confirmed as a missunderstanding? And it’s the 1991 game coming out?

Wait wait wait. Ruby said that Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive was the game going up on the Playstation Network. Not Sonic 2k6.

Well these certainly are alright I’ll tell you what.

The Sonic 2006 one was debunked. It’s just Sonic 1 once again.

The Love Below is an amazing album. In fact, I think I’m going to put it on right now…

Didn’t I ask where the Sonic 2 level editor was? Oh, and Game Informer said that SEGA was their #9 publisher of 2010 as well.

You do realize there have been several Sonic 2 level editors made, the oldest of which has been around for a decade, right? Read the wiki.

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Huepow00 (DJ EAR), Sonic Retro. Sonic Retro said: Monday Links: More Characters in Sonic 1 Edition http://bit.ly/hK4068 […]

What? No shout out for my Mike Pollock interview on Destroy All Slackers? http://www.destroyallslackers.com/

The what at the what?

Finally people are noticing something I’m doing. Seems like I’m the only person that cares about the PC games, everyone else hacks the Genesis games. But I’m not doing these things for recognition, I’m doing them because somebody should, and nobody has.

>”Finally people are noticing something I’m doing.”
      >”I’m not doing these things for recognition”

surebro.jpg

Given how much attention my other projects have gotten (almost none, except for my SADX stuff), I was surprised that S2LVL got a full page of replies with just a picture after getting nothing in the tech lounge. It is nice that people like it, but I was honestly expecting people to say “Why did you make this when SonED2 is so much better?”

Alternatives are always welcome and appreciated, man.

Click on a tab to select how you'd like to leave your comment