So, I don’t know if you all have heard, but the Sonic community is totally horrible, you guys. But there was a magical time when the community was different! Was better! A time when the community didn’t get at each other’s throats and hate each other and be full of pointless critiques!
That time, my friends, was never. If you’ve been around long enough, you’ve seen the stupidity of the Sonic scene since day 1. Therefore, I’m challenging you all to a game. I have pulled five random forum posts and posted them below. Your job? Determine whether each of these posts were made about Sonic 4, or its predecessor, Sonic 3. Please note that I’ve edited out information that would obviously give the game in question away, but they are otherwise intact. We’ll post the solution tomorrow.
1. Like I said a few days back, totally revamping the game would be stupid. There are a lot of people who like the existing format. And, like I said, additions would be better than starting over. Ideas for new power-ups would be nice (Like something to make you grow larger and smaller, like the lasers in the final round of Sonic CD). Multi-Player, if done better than it was in Sonic 2, would be a great idea. I does have it too. But mine, and most people’s, concern is length. They need to be longer and harder. Have a difficulty meter in the options menu.
2.It’s an OK addition to the Sonic library, but as I’ve stated before,
1. There is TONS of slowdown…and from a game that touts SPEED SPEED SPEED!!!
2. The [game] feature is sloppy at best. It’s horribly implemented, theycould have done a much better job.
3. The songs are REALLY corny.
4. It’s just Sonic, plays almost IDENTICAL to Sonic 1&2. At least with Mario sequels, there’s lots more to do than just running, jumping and squashing.
3.The damn game shouldn’t even be made! Kill Sonic! That’s the spirt! Okay, I am a Sonic fan, but the games are nearly all the same. I hate Mario, but they were all popular and they were all different. In no way can you compare Super Mario World with Super Mario Bros. But you can easily say Sonic CD is just a little better than the original Sonic adventure.
1.Tell me, who wants a dumb tree level again?
2. Who wants the same item boxes as part one to still be around(sneakers,super ring, etc.)
3. Who wants to have a sign that whirls at the end of the level again?
4. Who wants another Robotic Sonic clone?
5. Who wants more of that zone and act crap?
The thing is, Sonic is a lot like Ross Perot. He was great at first, you can only go on so long with the same act.
4.And as for [game] being a rehash of [prior game],you can forget it, [prior game] was made for a reson, sonics levels and enemys are now mucho megabytes. I havn’t seen [game] anywhere so I’m just saying what i think should be in it. And Is say keep the bonus rounds.
5.If all of the people that we now that agree with our idea’s send letters we would be sending letters from all accross the country and then they would have to listen. Send your thoughts and ideas about what [game] should be and I will make a list. Hope to hear from you soon.
And on a final note, know that the issues surrounding Carnival Night Zone have been around since…a day after Sonic 3 was released.
-jscSubj: Carnival Zone
Date: 94-02-03 18:01:03 EST
Help! I’m stuck at a part here where there’s this big red cylinder with
white triangles on it. There’s some thin that looks like this:
X That keeps me locked in. Please help me, I’m very fustrated!