Game News, Site News

Monday Links: Return of the Links, Now in HD Edition

Protip: if you use the word “haters,” you are an absolute tool.

Sonic Retro News

• As you may have already noticed, the Sonic 2 HD countdown clock hit zero over the weekend.  Surprising everybody, including Retro administration, the alpha build wasn’t released.  We didn’t get a remake of Sonic 2 in HD, we got a remake of the Sonic 4 PR experience.  Jokes aside, what’s in the trailer and the trailer itself is quite nice. [Sonic 2 HD]
  • Another protip: if you’re using a site’s hosting and branding for your next project, you should probably let that site know what you’re doing to avoid making them look stupid (or just not do countdown clocks).  Then, you don’t have to apologize to everybody!  Good thing the everyman doesn’t give a shit what happens here internally, because… [Sonic 2 HD Thread]
  • …It’s getting a lot of positive press from the mainstream gaming media, as it should.  It’s effin’ Sonic 2[Kotaku] [Neoseeker]
  • Over the Christmas break, E-122-Psi unveiled a new hack: Vector in Sonic 1. [Vector in Sonic 1 Thread]

Sonic/SEGA News

• Dreamcast collection.  Oh boy. [SEGA Blogs]
  • Our friends at ScrewAttack tried to predict what this year’s gaming headlines will be. “Fans Ruin Sonic” comes in at #2, stating that since we didn’t like Sonic 4, SEGA will say “screw you, guys” and go back to whoring Sonic out.  Did you hear that guys?  Like everything because it has Sonic in it! Sonic 4 wasn’t whoring… nooooo… never. [GameTrailers]
  • Speaking of that turd, here’s a review sent in by reader “TheUltimate.”  This review for Sonic 4 reads like a giant troll and I can’t believe it’s genuine.  “But the new zone designs are gorgeous, too. The Lost Labyrinth, the Mad Gear, and Casino Street Zones display cleverness and imagination, both in terms of level design and visual touches.”  Haha, wow. [GameShark]
  • If you want your PS3 to look like hype and wasted potential, this new theme is coming tomorrow. [Sonic Stadium]

Other Stuff

• Reminder: blow-up dolls are not suitable flotation devices. [Gawker]
  • Did anybody see Ricky Gervais just lay into people last night at the Golden Globes?  So incredible.  What used to be a snooze-fest of an award show is now must-see TV with him hosting.  Too bad that his merciless jokes will probably force the HFPA to find somebody else. [Yahoo!]
  • Christian Bale won a Golden Globe for his supporting role in “The Fighter” last night. Next year? He’s tackling Kermit. [The Daily What]

Monday Video

He is just so delightfully inappropriate. Can somebody tell me how “The Tourist” (sucks ass, by the way) is a “comedy and/or musical?”

“Protip: if you use the word “haters,” you are an absolute tool.”

Bakers gonna bake.

hooters gonna hoot

Ceiling-runners gonna ceiling-run.

God damn, did I really just do that? Yes I did. Real talk.

I love Ricky Gervais.

Ricky Gervais is an enormously unfunny cunt who frankly doesn’t deserve any of the attention he’s getting/has got, and I speak as someone who lives in the area he’s from. If he magically disappeared from existence tomorrow it wouldn’t be a loss to the world at large.

For Screwattack, they put that down as #3.

Still, Scewattack’s segment was funny none-the-less.

You know love my beautiful booty.

I should applaud ScrewAttack for remembering Sonic Colors, a game that definitely represents that SEGA will just continue mindlessly milking the franchise with poor quality Sonic and EVERY Sonic title will be bad as long as it’s 3D, because we all know being retro makes the game better than any modern title by default as proven by how much Sonic 4 has over Sonic Colors, as show by how much everyone LOVES Sonic 4 and DESPISES Sonic Colors, being another completely broken attempt at a new style Sonic title and all. Right. Right!

Screw ScrewAttack!

Sorry, I couldn’t hear them over how good Sonic Colors on Wii was.

Other way round, lad.

Someone should make a cross-over between Sonic 2 HD and Sonic Fan Remix.
    Someone should also make a 2D Sonic game that is completely focused on speed. No extras. There should also be a Sonic cross-over of all Sonic universes.(Comics, TV Shows, & Games to be specific.)
    Sonic 4: Episode 2 should play like the Sonic Rush games, don’t you think?

I agree with Gabriel.

“I’d pretty much written off Sonic the Hedgehog as a lost cause, largely thanks to how you keep on whoring out the poor guy for a quick buck. Your last Sonic game for current consoles was terrible; there’s no other way to put it. If there was ever an argument for putting everyone’s favorite hedgehog down, Sonic Unleashed made a pretty convincing case.”

If Unleashed and Colors were worse than Sonic 4 Episode 1 which was FOUR STAGES, I have no hope for this guy.

Not like it’s episodic or anything.

Episode 2’s not going to be any different.

ScrewAttack is what it is: “Screw Attack”

All I’m seeing is mother fuckers who didn’t know shit about s2 HD whining because it ‘doesn’t look as nice’ as sonic fan remix. Don’t get me wrong, sfr looks good but I personally think s2 HD looks gorgeous while still sticking to the roots of sonic 2.

Just posses me off to see kids running their fucking mouths off, is all.

Lol @ the haters comment

Maters gonna mate.

Can I just enjoy all the games? I dunno. Ricky Gervais is a pretty cool dude. He makes fun of Hollywood and doesn’t afraid of anything. Real talk.

Sonic 4 is still rather pants, though. Nice nostalgic value, but a balldrop nonetheless. Colors was better, but then Colors was a full game and it still had issues, so there you go! The comparison is just about fucking meaningless. Real talk.

Protip: if you use the words “real talk”, you are an absolute tool. ———Was I the only one who knew that a release wasn’t going to happen on the Sonic 2 HD update?——- Why is “Vector in Sonic 1” just being released if he was originally supposed to BE in that game?

We all figured it wasn’t coming, but they promised it, soooooo… yeah.

Real talk.

Not funny ScrewAttack, not funny. Here, let me fix it for you:

“Sega ruins Sonic. Fans not happy. Fanboys furious and blame it on fans instead.”

There.

I noted ScrewAttack’s use of the Sonic Colours DS Special Stage Music for #8, and approved.