If you want to know why the headline’s in French, hit the jump for the Monday Video.
Sonic Retro News
- Sonic 1 for the Sega Master System gets disassembled. Get it here, courtesy of Ravenfreak. [1 SMS Disassembly]
- Tweaker says that he has been waiting 8 years for debug mode in Sonic Pocket Adventure. Well, Tech Member SANiK has figured out the trick. Try it yourself! [Pocket Adventure’s Debug Mode]
- Mercury, the programmer on Sonic Fan Remix, is no longer on the project. [Sonic Fan Remix]
- Over the weekend, Yuji Naka and Prope unveiled their latest project, Rodea the Sky Soldier. It’s like NiGHTS for a new generation, a generation obsessed with anime and J-Pop. Aside from how much I dislike that shit, if the game is awesome (and it looks awesome), I’ll play it. [CVG]
- Games Asylum makes a case for the SEGA 32X. A fun read. [Games Asylum]
- Test your knowledge of SEGA with The Escapist’s SEGA Quiz! You’ll need to register at the site to play. [The Escapist]
- Kellie at the SEGA Blogs drops an incredibly in-depth look at Tropical Resort: Act 1 from Sonic Colors. Level maps, red ring locations… everything. Even if you’ve beaten the crap out of the level, at least check this guide out for kicks. [SEGA Blogs]
- Bread gloves. [Blame It On the Voices]
- Make your own alcoholic drink with this handy tool. When you’re done, name the drink after your shitty fan-character. [The Webtender]
- “Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.” This sentence is grammatically correct. Mind blown. [Wikipedia]
The headlining item for today! Watching somebody freak out about Sonic 4’s physics is way more entertaining in French. You don’t have to know the language to understand what he’s saying, as it is stuff that has been said time and time again. Skip to the 4:40 mark when he starts playing the game and wait until he jumps for the first time. Then, le merde frappe le ventilateur.