Game News

Get Your Name On the Internet With Multiple Sonic 4 Purchases

Do you have no shame?  Have you always wanted your name on the Internet? Then, buy Sonic 4 a whole buncha times.

SEGA Community Manager and total bro Aaron Webber (aka RubyEclipse aka “The Man of San Fran” aka “Electrical Tape Man”) recently went on the official SEGA forums to announce a rewards system for those who purchase Sonic 4: Episode 1 on multiple platforms.  The “True Blue Initiative,” obviously for “True Sonic Fans,” will net you the following:

• Two versions: Fan will be included in a special sticky thread on Sega/Sonic 4 sites. Will also be posted on Sega blogs and the Sonic 4 website.
  • Three versions: All the above and placement on a to-be-announced “very cool spot.”  Plus, you get a bucket of cute fluffy kittens (supplies limited).
  • All versions: All the above as well as a special shout-out on video, from Aaron Webber and Ken Balough, to be posted on YouTube and around the internet.

Wow, THE Ken Balough?  If I buy multiple copies, will he move my big screen television up a flight of stairs for me, too?  There’s tequila in it for ya, Ken.

Mad props on the cute fluffy kittens, Aaron, but I wouldn’t make that promise.  They are too busy accusing people who didn’t do anything and filing investigations that nobody will give a shit about.

Well I’m buying at least two, but Wii version isn’t even HD and I don’t have an Xbox

iPhone version isn’t “HD” either, so why aren’t you complaining about that?

OH LOOK, I HAVE SONIC 4 ON iPOD TOUCH AND XBOX LIVE I AM WORTHY OF GETTING MY NAME ON THE INTERNET

I realize this was actually a response to people who were already declaring the intention to buy multiple versions, but it does come off as something a bit more shameless.

FTR, I’m not buying multiple versions because I want my name on the Internet. (It’s already there.) I’m buying multiple versions because I’m a RAGING KLEPTOMANIAC.

A kleptomaniac steals for the thrill regardless of need. Therefore you could not buy multiple copies of the same thing because of that. Perhaps you meant to say you were a RAGING DOLT.

….i wanted to be popular for being a sonic maniac but what the hell?

I can only get one version, the 360 version. Oh well, excuse me while I go cry in my little corner ’cause I won’t be famous on teh interwebs.

Ooh, look at me, I’m mister SONIC (Four) FAN FROM SEGALAND IN A HOUSE OF THE DEAD ON INTERNET FAME LANE.

Big frickin’ deal.

Well im getting two iphone and wii

That’s actually reasonable enough, since 1) having both a console version and a portable version of a game you like is actually pretty nifty, and 2) there’s the whole “two exclusive acts” thang.

Although it also appears that the iThing version is a completely unaltered E3 build. Hm.

Except the iPhone version is dick. It’s just the PartnerNET leak build on the iPhone.

Save your money.

I’m just drawing a contrast between having an extra portable version and having an extra console version on top of your other console version, which is a bit silly (unless you’re like me an always need insurance that the game you want to play isn’t on the console your brother is currently hogging).

This would only be worth it if they sent out t-shirts or something.

People will do quite a bit for a free t-shirt.

Like sign up for a credit card.

Fluffy kittens? More like dying cats from Jun Senoue.

LOL!! I actually thought this was a joke!

Way to bait your fans into getting gang-raped, SEGA. You do not cease to amaze me with your patronization.

No thanks, I’ll just get the PS3 version =P

Boys, at least, maybe this company is one of the few who sponsor your name in internets xDDDDDDDDDDD. EA Games will not show my name if I purchase every version of Crysis 2 :B

I wonder if we will be seeing a increase in the real estate market any time soon. I was reading a artcile on this site about Moncton Real Estate i recommend it.