Fan Works

Still Unnamed, Unity-Based Fan Project Releases New Screens

Back in March, Tweaker told you about a fan project by one of our members, pelikan13, showing a lot of promise.  Today, he’s released more for you to drool over.  His Unity-based, 2.5D adventure is simply gorgeous.

Hit the jump for the second screenshot and more details.

Wow.  Just… wow.

In regards to the gameplay, pelikan13 told the other members in his project’s thread that Mercury, the creator of the Sonic Physics Guide, has assisted him in getting the classic gameplay down pat.  This project has a bright future!

Oh wow…that is pretty. I love that Robotnik machine.

That looks awesome! Feels like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 4 combined!

Unnamed? Isn’t is called Needlemouse: The Emerald Hills?

No, it isn’t. That’s an entirely different project.

Wow, that is the secks. I want it.

Wow. That’s beautiful. One problem: there’s only one zone being shown!

Amazing, and gorgeous art style. I’m a bit baffled as to why the final boss from Sonic 2 is in a middle of the forest. Wasn’t it blown up at the end of Sonic 2? lol. Either way, this is great.

Isn’t that the same as asking why metal sonic is in later games if it was destroyed in CD? I know what your getting at though, it does seem out of place.

acualy there are tons of diferent versions of metal sonic. the one in sadx has a diferent ‘running’ style. and the one in sa2 is taller with another diferent running style. and the one in the sonic movie is capable of speach and has a sort of cloaking device. and actualy at the end of sonic 2 it dosnt show what happened to eggmans machine. it could have fallen of the death egg while it fell. i mean if a gient space station can survive that fall who says that his other machine cant survive?

I thought this was just a gussied-up Sonic 2 derp. Are you saying this takes place AFTER Sonic 2? I’m pretty sure this is just a re-imagining of Sonic 2, but I’m probably wrong.

In the topic, someone asked about gameplay.

Pelikan says that it’s exactly if not just about the same physics and gameplay style of Sonic 2.

If that’s the case, then I’m waiting for Sega to do something better. Not only do I get a better game, I get it for FREE! That’s highway robbery! This man deserves our money!

Can’t wait to play the demo, because I want more reason to demand more from SEGA’s so called “efforts”.

dont push it. we may have to pay for it if enough people say things like that. i wouldnt pay for it but i would definately donate to him afer completion.

To Pelikan13,

Hello, I am a composer from Grand Rapids, MI, and am very interested in the prospect of composing for your gorgeous-looking Unity Sonic Fan Game. I have composed for dozens of film and video projects, as well as the music for an upcoming network-bound sitcom. My musical styles are quite diverse, as I have to be flexible for whatever type of movie or project someone throws at me.

I have been a hard-core Sonic fan since I was three years old, and wear it proudly today. The opportunity to create music for a fan-made Sonic game, especially one as professional looking as this, would certainly be a dream-come-true.

If you would like to preview my work, you can do so at my website:

If you like what you hear and are interested, contact me at [email protected], and we’ll talk business. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
    Devin

have you contacted him directly yet? id like to hear some more of your tracks based around sonic though. i like the idea of an epic orchestral soundtrack for a sonic game. maybe mixed with the old fasioned sadx cheesy rock music. all i want thaugh is the final boss music to be like solaris phase 2 though so if you can do that il definatly recomend you 🙂

Oh god yes. Epic orchestra+cheesy Sonic Adventure rock music ftw. Also, you keep saying SADX, rather than just SA. I’m assuming you didn’t know that SADX is just a semi-updated version of Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

looks better than any recent sonic game ive played.
    Can’t wait for more screens!

I’m tired of screens. I want a video.

Yes, it’s pretty. But how does it look in motion? That’s what I want to know.

Absolutely beautiful!

Absolutely gorgeous. Adore the scratched/rusted look of the giant robot. Wonder if it’ll be like God of War, with it wrecking the place in the background as you race through it.

Awaiting motion with fingers a-waggling.

This is how I imagined Sonic 4.
    Keep up the good work!

I wonder if it will include homing attack…

Homing attack should never be seen in a 2d sonic game if it can be avoided. which 90% of the time is true.

its worked before. ill admit it isnt nececery but if its handled corectly it could be a fine adition to the game. maybe you could turn it off in options or something?

Nice “Rings” Interface

very artistic

Compact HUD!

I found that the gameplay for sonic rush on DS was an excellent mixture of classic sonic 2/3 physics with new-age gameplay, kind of like the sonic megamix or sfactor. I wouldn’t mind if gameplay turned out similar to that.

PS kickass visuals man. keep up the good work. Lol now we’ll all have this AND sonic 4 to play (assuming they come out around the same time), none of us will see the sun for weeks!

Man, that looks excellent

That looks pretty cool. Really cool in fact, since it’s actually a real game! Colors are maybe a bit too neon in the background elements though. Toning down some of those greens and blues should help Sonic stand out a little better.

just noticed something: look at the far right of the second screenshot: the robot seems to have taken off!

that looks sweeeeet!

I drool over that Robotnik Machine

[…] Sonic Retro.org […]

WOW WOW WOW!
    This looks amazing!! And this would be payable??!!
    Would rather pay for this then the official sonic 4 game!!
    Keep up the terrific work!

[…] that 2.5D, unnamed, Unity-based project we’ve showcased a few times? Well, it has a name… and a […]