Fan Works

The Doomsday Zone in Glorious 3D

Community member “MajorDump” recently uploaded this video, a 3D recreation of the Doomsday Zone.  The animation, models and sound design are all top notch.  You have to be some kind of asshole to not like this video.  It runs a little long, but I don’t really care.  Shit’s incredible.

Now THIS is gonna be the 19th Bday competition winner 😀

Well this trumps my plan to do one, and it’s soo awesome too ;_;

I really liked how he handled the mechs, the way the second mech fired those bombs was pretty cool.

There is no word that describes how awesome this video is.

Now I can’t wait for Part 2. 😛

It was a great video, but it did’nt have an ending- it just stopped when those bombs exploded. otherwise it was great. the detail on the eggman ship & eggrobo were great. 9.5/10.

That’s because, as the title says, it’s the first part. The second one will come.

didn’t see that, sorry. 10/10, then 😛

Only an idiot would put Adventure Sonic in classic Sonic.

*glares at SEGA*

Wow.

Then I’m some kind of asshole. It’s not that I overall dislike it, but it wasn’t absolutely amazing. The Brawl Sonic model just looked so odd, and the visual effects were kinda weird at times as well. The animation was alright, but was lacking at times.

OMG talk bout nostalgia. This is so cool!!!

Could there possibly be a movie on our hands here? I think Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles could be a Sonic movie! That or Sonic CD, or Sonic Adventure 2.

Very impressive.

Uh hey.  His eyes are NOT supposed to be Green.  This video is an epic fail just for this one nuance.

His eyes are green because in Sonic 3, Super Sonic’s eyes were green. That kind of explains it all.

A few things that quirked me while watching this, didn’t sonic jump off the death egg then transform, not just suddenly appear floating out in space far away from death egg, also shouldn’t he have had all the emeralds already, and what’s with the unleashed music.
    Alright, enough of that, they weren’t very important anyway. Very creative interpretation, and props for such amazing quality

I wanted to see the Doomsday Zone in stereoscopic 3D 😛
    Nice effort though.

As I was watching the video, I was thinking to myself “someone’s gonna complain about *insert pointless detail here*.”

I was right.

This was awesome. Although I do feel as though there were things that could have been cut out to fit this into a nice 10 minute video that doesn’t leave me wanting more… or maybe that was the point. lol

And now, I want a 3D Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

inb4butitwouldntbeasgood

This was stunning and whoever made this put a lot of effort into it.

…The awesomeness….

I have never seen anything like this, and it is awesome.

For total nostalgia, the second part should have the actual level music, as ewll as side on views at times.
    This is win!

Part 1 did use the actual level music (or a modern remake of it anyway) – just not throughout.

It’s a fantastic animation – very impressive!

Remixes don’t quite cut it for me. I actually meant the INGAME music.

That.. was AMAZING. It really says something about a game and the fandom it creates that they would produce a video like this themselves sixteen years after the game was made. I find little to complain about, let alone voice; any complaints I may have are quickly silenced by the fact that I cannot do any of this, and obviously this person put in countless of hours of effort. I am floored.

That was just freaking awesome in every conceivable way.

Needs rings. That was one of the best parts about the doomsday zone, you were fighting Robotnik and staving off returning to normal form at the same time. Sonic in this video is basically chillaxing in super form the whole time so it doesn’t feel as tense as playing the actual level. Other than that, top notch animation and graphics. Eagerly awaiting part 2.