Game News

Joint-Exclusive: Sonic 4 Announcement This Week

So, after the leak issues that cropped up in April concerning Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Sega has been eerily quiet concerning the state of the game–no website updates, no badnik reveals, maybe five official screenshots. This sort of worried us internally, trying to figure out what exactly the course of action was concerning the game.

Then we received a message, cryptically enough, from Sega stating “the reason for the last couple month’s blackouts on Sonic 4 updates will also begin to make sense.”

And apparently they will on Thursday, May 20th. Keep posted here at Retro and The Sonic Stadium to find out what this development entails.

it would be amazing if they decided to randomly add new shit… like 2 new levels or something.

but that’s just wishful thinking.

Classic Sonic!

OMG, what if they came back with better music, and classic Sonic! What if the stuff they have been showing us was fake and they were building up for a huge surprise! It’s probably not true, but it would be awesome if it was!

Hm, I actually prefer new Sonic to classic Sonic. Hmmm, I can’t say much for the music as I haven’t seen the leaks so I have no idea what the other songs sound like. I’m waiting till Thursday.

Can’t wait! 😀

[…] Hedgehog 4, has made a somewhat surprising announcement regarding the title. This Thursday, both Sonic Retro and Sonic Stadium will reveal a joint exclusive feature on the game. Outside of a strong start with […]

[…] comentan diversos medios especializados en los videojuegos de erizo azul, cómo Sonic Stadium o Sonic Retro, algo “muy grande” y “muy bueno” sobre Sonic 4, será desvelado este jueves […]

If they announce a “classic gameplay” feature I will be the happiest person in the world (or maybe one of the many happiest because that new).

I swear SEGA’s marketing and hype building is just as effective on me as it was when I was 5 years old. damn them, I’m so excited!

[…] fansite Sonic Stadium and research hub Sonic Retro announced the announcement of the coming announcement this morning.  Both get the […]

[…] Sonic Retro and The Sonic Stadium are advertising a joint-exclusive Press Release for later this week, on May 20th. […]

I like Sonic as he is now. :/ The pudgy Classic Sonic was fail, for me. I’m glad they kept the new design, much better looking. The thing they are hiding might be a hidden feature… the return of Super Sonic to “anytime, with 50 rings and 7 Chaos Emeralds” status, or even take a step further and re-introduce Hyper Sonic?

Just hoping for a release date, really.

[…] Creed: Brotherhood gets Harlequin as a pre-order bonus. SOCOM 4: Meet your Squad, on PS3. Exclusive new Sonic 4 news, on Sonic Retro! Halo: Reach beta gets an extension, will now be open until May […]

[…] it will make the huge announcements on Sonic 4 on two of its biggest fans sites,  that include Sonic Retro and The Sonic Stadium,  also we hope to get new updates on the companies official website soon. […]

According to EGM, “a character no one has seen in a long time will appear at the end of Sonic 4”. It is supposedly someone that fans have demanded for a long time to see once again. Let the speculation begin!

I say Super Sonic in any level, since we haven’t seen that since Sonic 3/Knuckles, IIRC. Or maybe Chaos 0. I dunno.

I hope it has something to do with a demo 🙂

the day has came 😀

So it’s 9:55 my time in Canada on Thursday May 20th. Where’s the update on Sonic 4?

Ruby Eclipse says On the Spot…and that doesnt come on for another 5 hours. So are we getting 2 announcements in one day? Or just an announcement here soon, and then minor details on Gamespot?

[…] you may recall, Retro & Stadium exclusively broke the news of this upcoming announcement 3 days ago. Stick with Sonic Retro for future developments on the Q4 2010 release of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: […]

Look, I don’t care how long it takes for it to be released. I just want the bonus levels back. I hate getting Chaos Emeralds via a stupid convoluted storyline filled with too much dialogue. I want to get emeralds the old way.

Even if Sonic is still tall and lanky and his ego’s through the roof instead of him being someone who fights for what’s right, what will probably ultimately decide whether or not I buy this game is the means of Chaos Emerald collection.