Game News

Sonic 4 Site Decompiled

This news has been bouncing around from site to site and more speculation has been running wild.

The Wiire is reporting that “Vash” from Game-Hackers.com has decompiled the flash website of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 and looking at the code, you can make many guesses as to what it all means.

Here’s the first bit of code that looked weird:

preorderBtn1 = new preorderBtn();

Pre-order? Like, as in, a retail release? The next line of code that catches my eye is “bronik.” It is my new word (until I find one that exceeds it in cool):

<broniks text=”BADNIKS” />

One of the big questions revolves around the length of an “episode.” The code leads us to believe that there will be 4.

zone1Btn
zone2Btn
zone3Btn
zone4Btn
zonesBtn

The final thing found within the site is a series of buttons within some mystery image that is currently not in use:

Could this represent the 4 zones? Could it be 4 characters (who would be the green one)? Is Sonic and Tails teaming up with Mario and Luigi (lol)? Do the buttons represent the four platforms that this game will release on (Wii, 360, PS3, and iPhone)? Your guess is as good as mine.

[via The Wiire]

It’s Blanka, he has even the spindash.

4 zones? Good lord. No matter how much I try to remain positive, every new thing I hear is lowering my expectations…..

[email protected]

STFU, it’s not confirmed.

even now, were still not sure if theres 4 zones. but each zone is gonna have like 4 acts practically…

I am both disappointed and glad there might only be 4 zones. I’m disappointed because I feel like it’s kinda a scam (“hey you bought the first one, but you’re not a true fan unless you buy the WHOLE mini-series!”), and considering Sonic has me dangling on a string, I’ll obviously be willing to pay anything for it. I’m glad because I know if they released the whole thing in one big chunk I’d beat it in one day and then my life would have no meaning anymore. I kinda needed some sort of way to control my Sonic consumption, lol. It’s also exciting because I can’t imagine any less than 3 episodes, meaning 12 zones of classic Sonic gameplay, at LEAST.

AI EM X ITE

3 episodes of 4 zones would be good. But how would they connect all 3 episodes once they’re made? Personally, I don’t want to have to go back to my wii menu and click on a new window only to start the next zone with 3 lives and 0 points.

That’s not even how it worked in Sonic 3& Knuckles.

…….exactly my point.

My god I can’t wait to find all these exciting things officially. =D i’m so happy about sonic 4 i might have a heart attack XD

I doubt it’s zones. We pretty much KNOW there are 7-9 zones. Remember the people who leaked the name of sonic 4? (They knew it was sonic 4: episode 1). They said there would be 9 stages, 7 normal length ones and 2 one act ones. Since they were right about the name, they seem pretty credible.

Man I hope we get 4 separate full games. I need a new challenge, cause i memorized sonic 1, 2, and 3 ='(

You know, there are four “ZONES” on the site. Game Info, Characters, multimedia, and community… C’mon, folks, Sonic 3 was episode 1, and that had more than 4 zones… SEGA probably did that on purpose because they knew people would be snooping around. Furthermore, wth is the zones… the locked icon under community, that’s what. 😛

The four colors has nothing to do with the systems, PSN has never been associated with red, and Wii ware has always been light blue. They could be something related to a separate multi-player Vs. mode. With green being a new character.

Pre-ordering may simply get you a box and a code, but, no disc based content.

I’m actually ecstatic when I heard about the new Sonic coming out on summer. I’ve come across some blogs and the write-ups are positive. But I’d still keep my eyes open about the actual reviews when it’s released.

Since there checkered flags, its most likely there the 4 multi-player colors for some sort of race mode.

Sweet i hope the green one means Scourge is in.

not likely

Its sonics brother maybe? he is greeen wooooo, I think Sega listened to my Idea, awesome!!!!

his name is Manic by the way lol..

or it could be jet the hawk from sonic riders

doubt it

Click on a tab to select how you'd like to leave your comment