Game News

SEGA One Step Closer to Ruining More Genesis Games

I can’t wait to visit “Cl lΓMICAl Γl ANT” Zone!  We got the real deal right here.  Clean, 2D images that aren’t mocked up on some fake-ass DS.  Check out the squashed pixels, distorted graphics, and waste of a bottom screen in the gallery past the jump.

Well I have to agree here, but I do have to say, I’d buy it. Maybe they can put a sega genesis controller as the lower screen? That’d be kinda cool.

I agree with the genesis controller concept on the touch screen, but the ruined graphics is just sad.
      being a genesis owner, I have all the sonic games; the DS mock-up is an utter failure.
      Sonic games were designed in 320×240 resolution, and later stretched [and enhanced] to 640×480. being shrunk to a tiny screen is pathetic.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I have a question. Does it save your high scores at the end of the games?

Wow, this looks exactly the same as the crappy genesis emulator I’ve got on my DS at the moment.

Although, as long as it plays the same as the originals, I’ll probably pick it up.

Hm. Note the lack of a save-feature on S3&K… which leads me to believe that that game will use it’s internal saving mechanism only.

Well, the currently released genesis emulator on ds, also has ‘Squashed-pixels”, you know.

Umm… Hooray? 0_0

Personally, while the graphics is important, what matters to me is that the original game is still there. Looks like it is. I’m still getting it..it’s still the same game.
    Though it is a bit stupid that they couldn’t just zoom in a bit rather than squash it..

Doesn’t look TOO bad

Personally I didn’t expect it to be anything different. These ports almost never get the attention a game like Chrono Trigger got. They just squish the game into the tiny DS screen, or stretch it to fit the wide PSP screen, and let ‘er rip.

I won’t be buying this… I knew it was never going to be a definitive collection to begin with.

why do they constantly do this to their own IP?? They have such great products from the golden age of gaming, and they have no problems releasing them as shitty and mangled as possible. What a waste of a great series of games. I guess they figure they need to fuck these up as badly as most of the 3D games are…

Hey dumbshits, the genesis has a higher resolution than a DS screen. YOU ARE GOING TO SEE A PROBLEM WHEN IT HAS TO FIT IN THE DISPLAY. If they didn’t do that, you’d just be whining like babies that you couldn’t see the whole screen. Fuck you people. You’re annoying, whiny shits. Crybabies.

squishing the screen is much more forgivable than having everyone jump into spike pits because the bottom of the screen was cut-off.

@ cheez

How eloquent.

Is backbone involved?

I believe this is some kind of emulation. I’m quite curious if we can modify the game to play othe genesis title

Sonic The Glitchhog!

Sonic’s sprite is a bit broken. MegaDrive to DS? Shit.